Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer
Division: EV Cargo Global Forwarding
Closing Date: 21st May 2021
What is the opportunity?
As our Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for EV Cargo Global Forwarding commercial success across our global network. Success will be defined as EBIT & FCF growth through new sales, customer retention, increased share of wallet and cross selling of EV Cargo products. Success will be achieved through effective deployment of the commercial and marketing strategy. The role will have a matrix responsibility together with local and regional country management for commercial teams across all geographies.
You will be responsible to develop and execute the commercial strategy underpinning the overall company global vision, mission, values and purpose. Collaborating with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Finance Director, Global Operations, Global procurement and EV Technology to ensure that our company financial and customer satisfaction goals are met. As our CCO you will also be responsible for driving the marketing strategy of EV Cargo Global Forwarding, working closely with the EV Cargo marketing team and to own and fully deploy the EV Cargo CRM across all global commercial functions.
Some key duties of this job are listed below, however this is not an exhaustive list;
- Matrix management of global commercial leads alongside Regional and local Country Managing Directors (CMD)
- In conjunction with CMD’s and commercial leads, develop and oversee strategies in line with the global mission, aims and objectives
- Ensure that on a global basis we are working towards effective goal setting, monitoring and measuring performance and conducting evidence based commercial performance management.
- Leadership and Development of CMD’s and their commercial teams building in sustainability through succession planning and training.
- Create, own and develop the global sales pipeline and a winning sales performance management approach including the deployment of the EV Cargo global CRM system
- Work closely with the Global Marketing and Sales teams to drive marketing strategies, lead generation strategies, and sales strategies within the regions and countries.
- Own and develop the EVCGF tender bid management function to drive ‘One best way’ of responding to tenders for EVCGF on a global basis.
- Support significant tenders alongside Global/Country sales teams to assist with building winning propositions, retenders and cross selling products to existing customers.
- Drive commercial product development across all subsidiaries to ensure clarity in product understanding and ‘One best way’ of taking products to market.
- Apply strategy to continuous improvement of people, process and products.
- Understand customer’s requirements in each market, channel and country and sets the direction of the supply chain organisation to effectively deliver value. • Own the deployment and action of the Customer Satisfaction Survey to achieve group NPS standards
- Inspire accountability and teamwork, coach, train, and motivate teams, as well as successfully select and integrate talent into the organisation
What you will need to succeed?
- Proven experience in a similar role and a subject matter expert with a strong background in Freight Forwarding and/ or Supply Chain Management
- Experienced across the full cycle, from identifying and qualifying opportunities, through to negotiation and winning business
- Strong influencing, negotiation skills and highly experienced in pitching
- A proven track record in strategic planning, defining, launching and managing successful commercial strategies.
- Demonstrate leadership ability for complex multi country, multi product environments and the ability to positively impact EBIT and Sales
- Ability to lead by example and inspire confidence
- Excellent collaborator with “roll up your sleeves” management approach.
- Outstanding organisational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of commercial acumen through knowledge of industry best practice.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and budgeting process
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with a variety of internal and external networks
- Excellent IT Skills – Proficient in PowerPoint & Excel
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and react to change quickly and positively and meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Able to collect, interpret and present data with a high degree of analytical rigour
What will you get in return?
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension Scheme
- Company Car Allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Care
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Death in Service scheme 3 x salary increasing to 6 x salary if you join pension scheme
- Access to EAP scheme
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Range of voluntary benefits
EV Cargo is one of the largest providers of transport, logistics and freight forwarding services and logistics technology – created by the consolidation of EV Cargo Logistics, EV Cargo Technology, EV Cargo Solutions, EV Cargo Global Forwarding and Palletforce into a corporate structure under a new single brand.
EV Cargo ensures international delivery of goods at a better value, providing warehousing and distribution solutions that help businesses grow. Global brands benefit from a distribution chain with a global reach and access to EV Cargo’s portfolio of multimodal transport links.
The business was created by specialist investor EmergeVest by consolidating ownership of six of the UK’s leading logistics companies. With £850 million of revenue, EV Cargo is the largest privately-owned logistics business in the UK, providing mission-critical supply chain services to a portfolio of great customers and leading brands.
Apply for this role here