Job Title: Depot Support Co-ordinator (Evening Operation)
Division: EV Cargo Express
Location: Burton on Trent
Salary: Dependant on experience
Closing Date: Candidate dependant
About the role
The main purpose of this role is to be the first point of contact for Palletforce members. Resolving any problems or queries, and provide a high level of support to the night operation. Ensuring that service levels are monitored and standards are maintained.
What will I be doing?
- Be polite and professional at all times, being aware of the environment you work in.
- Take incoming telephone calls and enquiries and making outbound calls.
- Processing discrepancies on consignments efficiently and effectively, using a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Dealing and locating possible missing pallets in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
- Providing help and advice using the organisation’s products or services.
- Communicating courteously by telephone, email and face to face both internally and externally.
- Investigating and solving problems which may be complex or long-standing. Any problems that are unable to be resolved being brought to the attention of the Depot Support Manager in a prompt and timely manner.
- Dealing with difficult telephone calls calmly and professionally; resolving problems and issues in a proficient manner.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with depots where appropriate.
- Producing written information for depots, often involving the use of computer packages / software.
- Able to work as an effective team player, supporting and recognising the need for support wherever appropriate and be able to work on own initiative.
- Build and maintain positive external relationships with member depots and internally within the team and other Palletforce staff
- Provide a high level of support to the night operations team.
- Produce a variety of reports, KPI’s, holiday log, FLT utilisation, FLT drivers scanning, agency timesheets and purchase orders, late inbound/outbound trunk vehicles and FLT defects, using a high level of accuracy.
- Advise Health and Safety of any minor damage reports.
- Advise the night Operations Managers/Team Leaders of anything which may impact on the operation or any specific depot requests which need to be carried out during the night operation.
- To carry out all your duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To co-operate fully with Palletforce in matters of health & safety.
- Any other adhoc duties as and when required by the Depot Support Manager.
What are the requirements?
Working hours need to be flexible to meet the needs of the business:
Regulars shift – 12:00 – 20:30 (30 min break)
Covering due to holidays/absence – 13:30 – 22:00 (30 min break)
Very occasionally covering – 22:00 – 06:30 (30 min break)
Saturday morning on a rota basis – 06:30 – 11:00 (Friday shift 10:30 – 19:00)
To apply for this vacancy, please contact the Human Resources team.