In this role you will provide front-of-house helpdesk service to internal and external customers, assisting them with the logging of telephone and e-mail support requests, feeding back updated call status information to them.
Closing Date: April 15th 2023
Job Title: 1st Line Support Analyst
Location: Office based – This role will be based at our offices in Ashby De La Zouch – LE65 1JR
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Up to £26,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: 15/04/2023
In this role you will provide front-of-house helpdesk service to internal and external customers, assisting them with the logging of telephone and e-mail support requests, feeding back updated call status information to them. Providing technical support for internal and external users both directly and via the telephone.
Rewards and Benefits:
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave (25 days plus bank holidays), employee recognition scheme, excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to reward gateway.
- To act as the first point of contact for internal and external customer queries.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned tickets within the IT helpdesk system.
- To develop your skills, expand your knowledge and take on responsibilities within the IT department, e.g., departmental stock control, hardware swap-outs, repairs, liaising with suppliers, equipment deployments.
- Provide non-technical reports to users and managers.
- Work with project teams to plan and implement major configuration changes and upgrades.
- Conducts investigations on system performance and makes proposals for improvement.
- Provide advice and assistance to specialists and other system or service providers.
- Work with others, including user representatives, managers and contractors, to plan, schedule and supervise all maintenance and installation work associated with IT systems.
- Ensure that procedures are followed, particularly those relating to safety and security.
- Provision of first-line desktop, hardware and application support to: o Customers, Carriers and Depot users who are using any EV Cargo client and web-based Transport Management System; answering support queries via phone and email o Any internal EV Cargo Employees.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
*We would welcome candidates currently working within a customer service role looking to move into IT*
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Qualification. You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above and a relevant IT qualification – both desirable but not essential.
- Experience. You will be experienced in windows server and a desktop environment, have prior experience in a technical support or service desk role. Have a good understanding of Office 365 administration and active directory. Be able to support Microsoft Exchange and anti-spam solutions.
- Communication. Show us that you have excellent communication skills, spoken and written, be able to build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers and have the ability to engage and communicate with audiences made up of a diverse background across all areas of EV Cargo.
- People & Self Development. You will have the ability to work effectively as part of a team, or work on your own initiative, be organised and be able to handle difficult situations. We would like to see you grow and progress within a growing company.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business. By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
“Let us be your employer of choice”