The Application Support Analyst (Cargowise) working within the Digital Transformation Team
Closing Date: July 22nd 2022
Job Title: Application Support Analyst
Location: Gerrards Cross
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Closing Date: 22/07/2022
At EV Cargo, we know that our people are the cornerstone of our continued success. We have a fantastic opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join us at our Head Office site in Gerrards Cross.
About the role
The Application Support Analyst (Cargowise) is a new role within the Digital Transformation Team and is pivotal to the ongoing transformation of the internal and external technical & operational service offering. The primary objective of the role is to support, review, design and implement business changes, working closely with operational teams to enhance our system deliverables and client experience.
The role would suit someone who has in-depth Cargowise system experience and looking to move from an operational/administration function to a supply chains systems and process role within the freight forwarding industry.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting the business and senior business analysis when deploying new business processes and features
- Supporting our core enterprise resource planning system (Cargowise) and, where necessary, new software solutions being developed
- Supporting multiple projects and business units whilst working to tight deadlines
- Use requirements to drive the design or review of process changes and to manage project scope, acceptance and deployment
- Plan, co-ordinate user testing, issue capture and resolution
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders and peers when necessary
- To communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Support staff and teams when deploying recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Undertake any other duties commensurate to the job as may be reasonably required
What are the requirements?
- Operational knowledge of Cargowise essential
- You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- 2-5 years Operational & Industry knowledge ideally within a multi-modal environment
- Ability to question processes and existing practices
- Organisation and planning skills, with a proven ability to work on own initiative
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Process driven & analytically minded
- You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and as a team / project leader
- Strong PC Literacy including Word, Excel, Project & Visio
- Pragmatic / can do attitude with a flexible approach to working practices
- Willingness to travel if required
- Occasionally unsocial hours work
- Willingness to undertake further self-development
- Project management experience
- Experience of writing technical and/or project documentation
- Experience of working in a similar environment
WHAT WILL WE OFFER?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business. By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
If you have any queries, please contact: [email protected]