Reporting to E Commerce Director you will help to build and grow our E2E eCommerce logistics business as a new value proposition for EV Cargo
Closing Date: March 31st 2023
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Remote – occasional requirement to travel to our offices in Bardon (LE67 1LG) and/or Heathrow (UB2 5ND) and also carry out customer visits
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Up to £56,000, depending on experience, plus car allowance, bonus and commission
Closing Date: 31st March 2023
Reporting to E Commerce Director you will help to build and grow our E2E eCommerce logistics business as a new value proposition for EV Cargo.
Rewards and Benefits:
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, car allowance, employee recognition scheme, cycle scheme, excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to reward gateway.
- Manage and develop a portfolio of existing, prospective, and new customers to meet growth targets.
- Prospect, qualify and initiate contact with potential customers, and take full ownership of customer lifecycle.
- Ensure the continual growth of the business units’ revenue, sales, and margin targets across the full eCommerce portfolio of services, whilst growing existing revenue streams.
- Create and implement a strategic business sales plan for the Ecommerce division, specifically focusing on:
- Inbound cross-border eCommerce (East to West).
- Outbound cross-border eCommerce (West to East, and UK to EU).
- Domestic eCommerce.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through analysis and discovery, understanding key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach for each potential customer.
- Partner with internal team to create a deliverable solution based on customer needs and participate in face-to-face and remote meetings to present proposals, offer solutions and close business.
- Review sales activities, prospective customers, and pipeline with Ecommerce Director and work collaboratively and cross functionally with the wider teams in EV Cargo.
- Create, design, and implement new ways of selling and promoting our Ecommerce offering, liaising with Marketing to ensure optimum online presence through search engines and social engagement.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
Qualifications. A Level 2 in English & Maths.
Experience. You will demonstrate the ability to generate increasing market opportunities within the UK and Globally markets, establish continued sales and profit growth, have an in-depth knowledge of eCommerce, marketing, sales, and social media. You will also come into this role already having direct sales experience eCommerce solutions within a 3PL, parcels or FMCG industry, proven large new business creation experience within a logistics business, specifically with high levels of eCommerce activity, have a broad knowledge of import and export processes including Customs and Security procedures (including post-Brexit Customs requirements).
Communication. Show us that you have excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally. Engage and communicate with audiences made up of a diverse background across all areas of EV Cargo.
Influence & Persuasion. You will show the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders of changes on approach and direct if needed. Be highly articulate with a flair for networking and the interpersonal skills necessary to win business, build relationships, have a passion for achieving and exceeding sales and profit targets and establish contacts within the eCommerce, online marketplaces, logistics and business sectors.
People & Self Development. You will be highly organised, strong in your delivery producing professional report and presentations at board level. You will have a strong work ethic, a determination to succeed and will continually striving for excellence.
You will have a full UK driving licence, this role will also include travel nationally and internationally.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business. Creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
If you have any queries, please contact us.