Join us as our Contract Operations Supervisor within our Transport Team
Closing Date: August 15th 2022
Job Title: Contract Operations Supervisor
Business Unit: EV Cargo
Location: Whirpool, Raunds – NN9 6EQ
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Closing Date: 15/08/2022
Description of Role
In this role you will be based at Whirlpool, Raunds where you will execute the on-site logistics daily plan and monitor and manage the core fleet plan.
- Liaise with external maintenance providers to organise defect rectification, mots, inspections, lolers and tacho calibrations
- Manage and maintain compliance paperwork
- Manage the end-to-end defect process
- Debrief drivers and address any Tacho infringements that may arise
- Deal with accidents and the near miss reporting and process
- Carry out vehicle audits and checks
- Proactively seek maintenance opportunities and communicate and negotiate with operators to ensure the work is planned, completed, and returned
- Mange and allocate our driver and vehicles
- Monitor calls and emails with regards to the status of live deliveries.
- Resolving Drivers’ issues
- Coordinate and prepare drivers’ packs
- Track drivers using Microlise, assign drivers and vehicles on the Mandata and carry out driver debriefings
- Take ownership and ensure company and transport policies are adhered to
- Maintain all the fleet and driver compliance records, deal with pods and associated paperwork, you will also liaise with agencies
What are we looking for?
- A Level 2 in English and Maths
- A background in Transport and Legal Compliance – desirable but not essential
- CPC preferred but not essential
- Working knowledge of driver’s hours, digi-tacho analysis
- Experience of working in a fast-paced transport environment
- Have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Proven ability to effectively manage a small team
- Highly organised, with effective time- management and prioritisation skills
- Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised and able to handle difficult situations
- Willingness to learn and develop as the role itself develops
- A self-starter who shows readiness to ask questions and verify information
- Highly analytical with an investigative and inquisitive mindset
- Good team fit
- Looking for a future career and progression within a growing company
In this role you will work predominantly working on days, covering 40 hours per week between 07:00 and 22:00, occasional weekend work will be required.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join the team who consistently strive to provide an excellent service and build a strong, positive reputation within the business.
What will we offer?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.