Join us as our Global Tender Manager in our talented and ambitious Supply Chain Management team, based at Gerrards Cross.
Closing Date: January 31st 2022
Job Title: Global Tender Manager
Division: EV Cargo Global Forwarding
Location: Gerrards Cross
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 31/01/2022
Description of Role
EV Cargo Global Forwarding have grown to become a predominate international supply chain partner to many of the world’s leading brands. We enable customer success through market leading air, ocean, surface freight, logistics, supply chain and technology solutions. Our growth is accelerating around the world.
It’s therefore an exciting time to join our team and be part of our journey.
Join us as out Global Tender Manager in our talented and ambitious Supply Chain Management team.
Where will you be working?
You will be based at our office in Gerrards Cross.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and we believe our employees should receive a competitive and flexible offer. We have great flexible policies to suit the different lifestyles of our colleagues, we recognise and reward our colleagues in many different ways to demonstrate our commitment to our core values of growth, innovation and sustainability and we provide training, mentoring and apprenticeship programmes through our learning academy.
The company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all of its people and of demonstrating valuing diversity and inclusivity, in all aspects of our business relationships, both in the workplace and in our business communities.
EV Cargo Global Forwarding reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Responsible for managing, directing and monitoring the overall performance of the tender process to obtain maximum efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the global organisation.
- Ensure effective and efficient planning and governance of the tender management process.
- Manage coordinating operations, finance, legal and commercial requirements.
- Act as the subject matter expert and “go-to” person for the sales and product community and other stakeholders within the organization for the Global Tender management processes and knowledge.
- Coordination of tender reviews and deadlines, adjust them to the frameworks given by the customers and ensure that internal stakeholders are clear of their contribution and associated timeline.
- Manage multiple bids at any one time including complex and high value tenders.
- Lead conference calls and meetings with project / presales leads and any other stakeholder for complex, high profile bids. Ensure relevant people are notified / briefed prior to initial call to maximise use of stakeholders’ time.
- Propose solutions and recommendations when escalating operational or commercial questions.
- Facilitate key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance / and sign-off with applicable parties.
- Review the commercial aspects of the bid, understanding the internal cost to serve and profitability, and ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Draft / re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, development / product teams and support functions such as finance and HR.
- Owner of the tender library content, ensuring information is up to date and in line with company standards.
- Ensure proposal documents follow required formatting and quality standards owning final sign-off for the submission content and quality.
- Deliver completed written proposal responses against agreed deadlines in line with internal governance procedures allowing reasonable time for review and amendments.
- Manager of the Tender Support Analysts.
- Manage the development of plans for tender process activities to achieve targets.
- Developing plans for streamlining tender processes.
- Support all other departments with tender-related issues.
- Assist in the development and preparation of the organisation’s tender process strategy and general business planning.
What we’re looking for:
- Level 2 English and Maths or equivalent
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills with the ability to influence others through the results of data analysis and interpretation
- Ability to operate effectively in a rapidly growing and dynamic changing environment.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A “can-do,” proactive and problem-solving attitude
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with a variety of internal and external networks
- Proven IT Skills – Proficient in PowerPoint & Excel
- A proven disciplined self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and/or remotely
- Degree level
- Proven experience in similar role
- Proven experience in building, managing and motivating a diverse team
- Experience of developing winning proposals in a variety of formats and create customised, profitable pricing structures in response to the customer’s requirements.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of commercial acumen through knowledge of industry best practice.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.