Join us as Key Client & Bureau Manager at our offices in Southampton where you will ensure high levels of customer service across all areas from implementing changes to measuring complete services for all our customers.
Closing Date: January 31st 2022
Job Title: Key Client Bureau Manager
Division: EV Cargo Global Forwarding
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 18/01/2022
Description of Role
EV Cargo Global Forwarding have grown to become a predominate international supply chain partner to many of the world’s leading brands. We enable customer success through market leading air, ocean, surface freight, logistics, supply chain and technology solutions. Our growth is accelerating around the world.
It’s therefore an exciting time to join our team and be part of our journey.
Join us as Key Client & Bureau Manager at our offices in Southampton where you will ensure high levels of customer service across all areas from implementing changes to measuring complete services for all our customers, you will manage workflow across the office, identify and implement efficiencies and carrying our costing and profit analysis.
Where will you be working?
You will be based at our office in Southampton.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and we believe our employees should receive a competitive and flexible offer. We have great flexible policies to suit the different lifestyles of our colleagues, we recognise and reward our colleagues in many different ways to demonstrate our commitment to our core values of growth, innovation and sustainability and we provide training, mentoring and apprenticeship programmes through our learning academy.
The company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all of its people and of demonstrating valuing diversity and inclusivity, in all aspects of our business relationships, both in the workplace and in our business communities.
EV Cargo Global Forwarding reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Managing the Team:
- Manage the full recruitment procedure including interviews, induction and carrying out probation reviews
- Tackle any staff issued raised & carry out performance & grievance procedures as necessary
- Motivate staff & maintain high levels of morale across the office
- Ensure teams have their desk adequately covered
- Monitor productivity to ensure they meet and look to exceed set criteria
- Support members of the office with issues in all areas and escalate as necessary
- Undertake appraisals to the required standard and time frame, also ensuring those reporting in to you do the same
- Carry out succession planning for key roles within the office
- Manage staff sickness absence in your area and escalate as per internal policies
- Monitor staff holiday requests
Other Core Duties:
- Taking ownership of the branch customers to reduce need for Senior Management involvement
- Be the ‘first port of call’ for any Team Leader queries
- Migrate any improvements to other accounts if and where appropriate
- Identify customer needs & propose solutions where possible
- Implementation, set up & monitoring of new accounts/procedures and ensuring all details are noted within the team and systems
- Regular feedback with the Senior Management
- Escalate any potential major issues to Senior Management
- Organise client presentations
- Look at forecasts, peaks & troughs and communicate to Senior Management
- Be aware of and address any H&S issues around the office
- Identifying poor service levels from other departments and investigate
- Attend both internal & external meetings as required
- Coordinate work-related activities & events
What we’re looking for:
- You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Experience in managing a team.
- Strong Customs knowledge, including CFSP
- Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers
- Excellent attention to detail, friendly and helpful nature
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to handle difficult situations.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong PC Literacy including Word and Excel
- Looking for a future career and progression within a growing company