Join us as our National Planning Manager within our Central Transport Planning Team
Closing Date: August 12th 2022
Job Title: National Planning Manager
Business Unit: EV Cargo
Location: This role will be based at our offices in Ashby (LE65 1JR) with a requirement to travel UK wide
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience + Car Allowance
Closing Date: 12/08/2022
Description of Role
Accountable for the overall delivery of the Transport Planning function. The successful applicant will be accountable for ensuring maximum benefit and transport efficiencies are realised whilst maintaining service standards along with the management and development of the Central Transport Planning Team.
- Management of day-to-day central planning operations for the transport planning functions for multiple depots to deliver timely, accurate and cost-effective plans, through producing a national/whole network plan which achieves budgeted costs and service standards
- Lead the Central Transport Planning Team to provide high quality administrative and reporting services for multiple depots and central functions as required, including analysis of the daily plans to manage performance, taking remedial/improvement actions as needed
- Work closely with all stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of transport within the whole network, and work closely with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to integrate and share resource and reduce costs
- Co-ordinate and produce peak/off peak schedules for the network to deliver a cost-efficient plan which will maximise sales and fleet revenue
- Create a proactive continuous improvement culture within the team to ensure the team are operating as efficiently and are always striving to ‘make it better’
- Manage the development of planner’s to optimise ways of working within the planning function and provide support to the team
- Manage the team to deliver against key financial and performance related local and divisional targets ensuring deadlines are met
- Work closely with the Strategy team to provide data, insight and support help deliver transport optimisation and improvement projects
- Reviewing Network volumes and building and delivering Network redesigns
- Working with the solutions design/Business Development team to identify strategic geographical areas based on network activity
What are we looking for?
- You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- Excellent understanding of transport planning systems (e.g. Mandata, BluJay, Microlise)
- Able to demonstrate a record of successfully managing a Central Planning Team/Function
- Organised and attentive to detail with practical problem-solving skills
- You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised and able to handle difficult situations
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Strong PC Literacy including Word & Excel
- Looking for a future career and progression within a growing company
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join the team who consistently strive to provide an excellent service and build a strong, positive reputation within the business.
What will we offer?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
If you have any queries, please contact: [email protected]
Please click below link to email your application and CV:-