The Project Manager works with the customer project teams to deliver the required projects and changes as required.
Closing Date: January 31st 2022
Job Title: Project Manager
Division: EV Cargo Technology
Location: Hybrid working, with the option to work from our offices in Gerrards Cross
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Up to £60,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: Candidate Dependent
Description of Role
The Project Manager works with the customer project teams to deliver the required projects and changes as required. Typically, the customer will be an external client of EV Cargo however for Digital Transformation projects the customer could be another division of EV Cargo. The Project Manager will use best practice methodologies to deliver and control projects with the support of a range of resources such as Delivery Consultants, Technical Consultants, Test Analysts, Customer Support Analysts and Developers.
Where will you be working?
Hybrid working, with the option to work from our offices in Gerrards Cross
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Manage the full project life cycle from initial request through to final delivery of the project or change including the day to day activity of the project team
- Throughout the project lifecycle maintain project plans, Issue logs, chair meetings and calls and produce minutes where necessary
- Produce status reports as agreed to communicate progress, key milestones and changes in scope internally and externally
- Owns the day to day customer relationship in relation to the project(s) to ensure effective running and communication throughout
- Capture and document the project approach, controls, scope, quality plan, goals and estimates to contribute to and support winning proposals and quotes where appropriate
- Manage the requirements gathering process and ensure Functional and Technical Specifications are produced to the appropriate level of detail
- Work with the Product Team to identify if and where there is a need for enhanced or bespoke product to meet the customer requirements
- Ensure testing approach is agreed, planned and executed appropriately as agreed at project initiation
- Request and manage resources where required noting some test and developer resources are offshore
- Manage the handover and go live process and where necessary ensure training is carried out for both EV Cargo and customer staff
- Run customer post implementation reviews to ensure continuous quality customer focused approach
- Contribute to ongoing development of project delivery methodology best practice within EV Cargo Technology
What we’re looking for:
- This is a key role for the business, and we need someone who has significant experience of working within a similar environment. Working in this Project Management role, you will come into contact with customers, clients and colleagues on a regular basis and it is vital that you are able to manage these relationships professionally, while ensuring that the objectives and aims of the business are met.
What you can expect from us: Motivate, Develop, Reward, Repeat
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and we believe our employees should receive a competitive and flexible offer. Our people are our most valued asset and as such we give them a motivating environment to work in with opportunities to pursue their career goals and be rewarded for success.
What you get in return:
Competitive Salary Competitive Holiday Allowance Flexible Working
Pension Contributions Employee Recognition