The Senior Application Analyst (Cargowise) working within the Digital Transformation Team
Closing Date: July 22nd 2022
Job Title: Senior Application Analyst
Division: EV Cargo
Location: Gerrards Cross (SL9 7AP)
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Closing Date: 22/07/2022
EV Cargo have grown to become a predominate international supply chain partner to many of the world’s leading brands. We enable customer success through market leading air, ocean, surface freight, logistics, supply chain and technology solutions. Our growth is accelerating around the world.
Description of Role
The Senior Application Analyst (Cargowise) is a new role within the Digital Transformation Team and is pivotal to the ongoing transformation of the internal and external technical service offering. The primary objective of the role is to review, design and implement business processes and technical developments across numerous platforms and functions, working closely with business stakeholders and near shore software developers.
The role would suit someone who has previous operational or finance experience using Cargowise and looking to move to a supply chains systems, support and process role within the freight forwarding/supply chain industry.
- Project leadership and stakeholder management
- Identify questionable and inefficient operational processes and using information technology to introduce your recommendations
- Manage multiple projects whilst working to tight deadlines
- Define, introduce and apply best practice governance in all areas surrounding project deployment and solution implementation
- Conduct cost / benefit analysis to support business case development
- Use requirements to drive the design or review of process changes and to manage project scope, acceptance and deployment
- Plan, co-ordinate user testing, training, issue capture and resolution
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided
- Act as a mentor to the Junior Business Analysts in the team
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make
- Gain agreement, usually from senior management, of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Support staff and teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
What are we looking for?
- Detailed Operational Knowledge of Cargowise essential, Technical knowledge an advantage
- Ability to question processes and existing practices
- You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- In-depth Operational & Industry knowledge
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams
- Project management experience
- Experience of writing technical and/or project documentation
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Organisation and planning skills, with a proven ability to work on own initiative
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Process-driven & analytically minded
- You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and as a team/project leader
- Strong PC Literacy including Word, Excel, Project & Vision
- Pragmatic/can-do attitude with a flexible approach to working practices
- Full Driving Licence
- Willingness to travel
- Occasionally unsocial hours work
- Willingness to undertake further self-development
- Project management qualification e.g. Prince2, Agile
- Working with remote / offshore teams
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join the team who consistently strive to provide an excellent service and build a strong, positive reputation within the business.
What will we offer?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.