Join us as our Senior Database Engineer within the IT Operations Team.
Closing Date: July 29th 2022
Job Title: Senior Database Engineer
Business Unit: EV Cargo
Location: This role is hybrid with some travel required to our offices in Gerrards Cross – SL9 7AP
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Up to £70,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: 29/07/2022
Description of Role
In this role you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the fleet of Microsoft SQL server databases across the EV Cargo Technology Infrastructure. The use of SQL Server is at the heart of most of the EV Cargo Technology product suite and future technology is based on this. The capability to effectively manage, analyse and maintain this server fleet is critical to the scalability of the EV Cargo systems.
You will monitor the existing systems, look for new technology which may improve our quality of life for our products and solutions, work with our data team to effectively move data between our databases to our analytics and BI solutions and work with the R&D and Professional Services teams to review data architecture and performance of SQL queries or processes.
- Monitoring and maintaining the health of production SQL Databases throughout the environment, performing failure/fault investigation and rectification in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting any service impacting Database failures
- Advising on future projects relating to SQL databases,
- Perform proactive checks on the Databases in order to avoid service disruption and factor in growth in the environment
- Maintain the server infrastructure on servers hosting the SQL Database, in order to avoid service disruption to critical applications
- Provide performance analysis on existing SQL queries and database setup to ensure the best performance from the product and infrastructure.
- Build and maintain Azure data factory pipelines to transfer and transform data for analytics
- Ensure appropriate backup solutions and schedules are in place for cloud and hosted infrastructure Advise on new technologies and how they may be applied to the potential advantage of EV Cargo and EV Cargo Technology
- Help design and advise on data architecture for new products
- Mentoring and coaching other more junior members of the department, providing guidance and encouragement
- Communicating to a high standard to other teams or parts of the business and set a standard for other people to follow
- Document procedures and formulating or modifying working practices
What are we looking for?
Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2008, 2016 and 2017)
Experience of working with PaaS based SQL Server
Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, Log Shipping, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Experience of working with Azure Data Factory to move data between databases or systems
What will we offer?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.