Join us as our Transport Manager within our Transport Team in Newbury.
Closing Date: August 26th 2022
Job Title: Transport Manager
Business Unit: EV Cargo
Location: This role will be based at our offices in Newbury (RG19 6HS).
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive based on experience.
Closing Date: 26/08/2022
Description of Role
- Maintain health & safety, environmental and operator`s licence compliance.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the site to improve operational performance.
- Service planning of site-based core fleet, along with maintenance manager.
- Daily trailer checks for service planning, MOT checks, plating certificated and visible defects.
- Ensure unit & trailer defect procedure is completed and traceability for records.
- Liaise with workshop to ensure R&M program is completed with minimal disruption to trailer & unit availability.
- Assist with driver recruitment
- Proactive approach to infringement reporting and rectification.
- Ensure vehicle files are updated consistently and indexed.
- Ensure training for driver CPC is maintained and compliant.
- Chairing monthly compliance meetings and taking minutes with the workshop manager.
- All defects are signed off as completed and fit for the road before leaving the depot.
- From time to time you will be required by management to perform other duties which fall reasonably within your capabilities.
What are we looking for?
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Competent in the use of computer systems.
- Strong evidence of management skills and making key business decisions.
- Experience of working in a transport office.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join the team who consistently strive to provide an excellent service and build a strong, positive reputation within the business.
What will we offer?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
If you have any queries, please contact: [email protected]
Please click below link to email your application and CV:-