Join us as a Transport Planner within our Transport Team where you will be working across a broad range of large-scale contracts. You will be a valued member of the operation, helping us to achieve and surpass service and financial targets
Closing Date: March 24th 2023
Job Title: Transport Planner
Location: Office based – Ashby-de-la-Zouch (LE65 1JR).
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Closing Date: 24/03/2023
Description of Role:
Join us as a Transport Planner within our Transport Team where you will be working across a broad range of large-scale contracts. You will be a valued member of the operation, helping us to achieve and surpass service and financial targets.
Rewards and Benefits:
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, employee recognition scheme, excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to reward gateway.
- Receiving customer orders and creating a transport plan.
- Liaising directly with 3rd party transport suppliers.
- Assist in negotiating rates with both customers and transport providers.
- Successfully plan orders for large scale customers across the UK.
- Building & maintaining relationships with transport providers and customers.
- Ensuring the financial and service requirements of the contracts are achieved.
- Delivering added-value to the customer through innovative project work.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Qualifications. A Level 2 in English & Maths.
- Experience. Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team. Previous planning experience preferable. Strong PC Literacy including Word & Excel in a business capacity. Knowledge of driver’s hours is beneficial but not essential.
- Communication. You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written. An approachable attitude and a flexible approach to work.
- Influence & Persuasion. A methodical and structured approach to problem solving.
- People & Self Development. You will be highly organised with good attention to detail, good at prioritising tasks and great team player. You will have the ability to stay calm under pressure and a methodical and thorough approach to work.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.