Join us as a Warehouse Operative.
Closing Date: July 22nd 2022
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Business Unit: EV Cargo
Location: This role will be based at our site in Ashby (LE65 1JR)
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Closing Date: 22/07/2022
Description of Role
EV Cargo are looking for energetic, keen, experienced Warehouse Operatives to be responsible for the smooth operation of a cross dock process.
This role will be part of a small team of forklift/electric pallet truck operators to ensure pallets are received, scanned, and dispatched appropriately and delivery targets are met.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure all incoming trailers are unloaded on schedule and that all inbound freight is correctly scanned into the WMS
- Ensure all pallets are processed & scanned into the correct allocated bays
- Ensure that all pallets for dispatch are accurately and scanned into the marshalling area
- Ensure that all dispatch pallets are safely loaded on to the correct trailers in a timely fashion
- You must gain a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehouse operation contributes to these
- Maintain EV Cargo standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- Hours: Rotating shifts (AM/PM) Including Weekends
- You will be entitled to a 30-minute lunch break
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a similar role is beneficial
- You will have good communication skills, spoken and written
- Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail, friendly and helpful nature
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Scanning Experience
- Current PPT and Forklift Licence would be highly advantageous
What will we offer?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
Please click below link to email your application and CV:-