Join us as our Workshop Manager within our Gloucester Fleet Engineering Team.
Closing Date: July 22nd 2022
Job Title: Workshop Supervisor
Business Unit: EV Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Closing Date: 22/07/2022
Description of Role
To plan and effectively deliver vehicle fleet maintenance & repair. Responsibility for the team of technicians
- Supervising a small team of Technicians
- Assisting technicians with technical challenges and finding the right outcome
- Diagnosing and fault finding of any issues with the vehicles and trailers
- Provide support and experience to the rest of team under your supervision
- Allocate out work to the techs at start of shift, in response to priority, booked work and handover from previous shift
- Ensure all technicians on the shift are fully utilised through the shift hours
- Ensure all vehicles & trailers are maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, especially in relation to oil change parameters
- Ensure all parts are booked out correctly
- Ensure all legal documents are filled out accurately and on time and are readily available for processing
- Booking out time for each job that is carried out and the relevant paperwork completed
- Ensure that best practice is always employed in relation to component replacement; repair duration; document completion
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace environment
- Due to the nature of the role, Health and Safety, and Safe Systems of work are paramount. You must ensure that you are adhering to the company’s health and safety policy at all times
- Making sure all vehicles prepped for MOT have been quality checked before test, we will have a KPI of 95% pass rate with an aim of 100%
- Liaise with operations when calling for vehicle updates
What are we looking for?
- Qualified LGV Technician up to Level 3 (Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and repair
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required
- Intuitive diagnostic skills
- Ability to carry out PMI to DVSA standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Good PC Literacy skills
- Demonstrable people skills and an approachable manner, whilst at the same time demonstrate assertiveness to ensure goals are reached
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to quickly make decisions and solve problems under own initiative
- Ability to manage and coach new and existing team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent administration skills, ensuring that paperwork is completed accurately and on time
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and displays quality working relationships with colleagues and/or customers
- Energetic approach to achieving the requirements of the role. Impacts positively on profitability and growth of the business
- Understands the range of communication styles and methods to suit the audience. Effective in written and verbal communications with all colleagues. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise his or her work effectively, coordinate different elements of the work and, where appropriate, delegate.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join the team who consistently strive to provide an excellent service and build a strong, positive reputation within the business.
What will we offer?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our colleagues to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you are looking for a fast-paced company, with a global brand and a strong UK presence that actively invests in its people, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a friendly, proactive successful team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business.
By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
If you have any queries, please contact: [email protected]
Please click below link to email your application and CV:-