Job Title: Graduate Sustainability Executive
Division: EV Cargo Global Forwarding
Location: Gerrards Cross
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
EV Cargo Global Forwarding has grown to become a predominant international supply chain partner to many of the world’s leading brands. We enable customer success through market-leading air, ocean, surface freight, logistics, supply chain and technology solutions. Our growth is accelerating around the world. It’s therefore an exciting time to join our team and be part of our journey.
What will I be doing?
- Management of GRI, UN Global Compact, SDG and SBTi EV Cargo’s (EVC) reporting commitments.
- Support in the preparation of Agendas, Minutes, update reports, research and benchmarking against our competitors for the Sustainability Committee of EV Cargo.
- Provide technical assistance to EV Cargo’s Divisions on materiality topics, for example; analyse waste, carry out an audit, recommend solutions, weigh up the pros and cons of your decision, and then implement it.
- Data collection and analysis for sustainability reporting, including CO2 footprint and use of the tool EcoTransIT World to calculate Scope 3 emissions for EV Cargo and customers, air quality indicators, health and safety, waste, supply chain management, diversity, training of employees, support to local communities, among others.
- Communicating and marketing sustainability campaigns to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create, lead initiatives and chair EV Cargo meetings to make EVC´s workplace greener i.e. no single use plastics, promote Diversity i.e. Women Forward Lean In Circle, engage EVC employees in Sustainability topics i.e. Sustainability Champions meetings.
- Support in the preparation and/or review of EV Cargo’s Sustainability Policies and frameworks Support on the Roadmap to Decarbonise EV Cargo.
- Prepare forms to capture additional data collection on good practices when needed (i.e. case studies across the firm, data on volunteering activities by employees, etc)
- Prepare sustainability materials for tender processes (i.e. previous CO2 emissions for the customer and plan to reduce emissions/decarbonisation roadmap for EV Cargo contract, plan to reduce Scope 3 emissions).
- Work closely with HR, PR, EV Cargo´s colleagues, vendors, to educate and inform them on the changes EV Cargo is looking to implement and how they will impact the environment and workplace.
- Using essential organisation, planning and communication skills, coordinate a variety of projects, ideas and strategies with colleagues from different departments.
- Coordinate stakeholders across the business to deliver key phases of certification on time and on target.
- Provide companywide updates on certification and training materials for our teams.
- Create a gap analysis to identify areas that require improvement and manage a roadmap to incorporate closure of these gaps.
- Manage internal sustainability and act as point of contact for queries.
- Create draft versions of re-branded sustainability collateral for the Product Team to further input, review and sign-off.
- Re-develop, re-brand and create drafts to deliver a suite of compelling Case Studies for sustainable topics.
- Support elements of business case creation, product research; establishing competitive intelligence and various market analysis for sustainable products.
- Assist with collating marketing materials, coordinating materials and messaging between product and marketing.
- Support data gathering aspects for the Supply Chain Engineering team, linked to the development of existing products in relation to sustainability and Co2 reduction.
- Support project management and collation of information for assigned tenders.
What are the requirements?
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Sustainability or Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering or related field
- MSc level qualification is desirable but not essential
- Experience in sustainability or environmental science
- Experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential
- A confident communicator who enjoys working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT skill and an advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
- Build strong relationships across our teams
- A genuine and committed interest in social and environmental sustainability
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and react to change quickly and positively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Innovative, proactive, self-starter, can-do attitude essential. Sees obstacles as something to be solved rather than be derailed.
- Ambitious in a sustainability-related career Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships Committed to ongoing personal and professional development
- Looking for a future career and progression within a growing company
Who are we?
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and we believe our employees should receive a competitive and flexible offer. We have great flexible policies to suit the different lifestyles of our colleagues, we recognise and reward our colleagues in many different ways to demonstrate our commitment to our core values of growth, innovation and sustainability and we provide training, mentoring and apprenticeship programmes through our learning academy. The company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all of its people and of demonstrating valuing diversity and inclusivity, in all aspects of our business relationships, both in the workplace and in our business communities.
EV Cargo Global Forwarding reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications are received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
To apply for this vacancy, we are only a few easy clicks away so come join us by applying here.
If you have any queries, please contact the Human Resources team.