Job Title: Head of Marketing and Communication (Maternity Cover)
Division: EV Cargo UK
Location: Burton on Trent, DE14 2SY (flexible remote working available)
Contract Type: 12-months Maternity Cover – there is potential for this to become permanent based on business needs
Closing Date: Candidate dependant
This is an exciting time to be joining the Global Marketing Team, the business is growing, the opportunities are global, and every day is different. As a team they work quickly and enjoy the buzz of a fast-paced working environment.
What’s the opportunity?
The Head of Marketing and Communications has overall responsibility for creating and implementing the company’s marketing and communications strategies in accordance with the organisation’s ambitious and exciting strategy and business objectives.
It is important that the job holder presents themselves in a polite and professional manner when dealing with both company divisions and other members of staff. Communication skills and professionalism are an essential requirement of this role.
- Develop strategic marketing plans including product specific and promotional planning and plan and maintain budget for all divisions
- Act as the strategic lead for all marketing and advertising campaigns and activities in line with their business objectives
- Manage the production of all marketing and communications material across all departments in line with the established house style and branding guidelines
- Oversee the nature and tone of content, and adherence to branding, across the organisation’s digital channels, in consultation with the Digital Marketing Executive
- Develop and maintain relationships with all teams and develop effective strategies for individual countries and maintain knowledge on all customer markets and prepare innovative plans for all businesses
- Management of all digital platforms including social media, website, CRM/Keap, online advertising
- Manage and build relationships with all corporate partnerships and sponsorships
- Responsible for the planning, execution and management of all events
PR & Media
- Act as the strategic lead and manage and deliver the organisation’s media and PR strategy, including responsibility for all major PR campaigns
- Act as the strategic lead for all media engagement, pro-active and re-active, and provide appropriate support, training and resources for senior spokespeople
- Develop relationships with external PR agencies
- Oversee the development and implementation of external communications policies and procedures
- Co-ordination and distribution of key internal announcements and communication
- Management and strategic content planning of internal communication channels
- Work alongside HR department to roll out Delivering Better culture programme
- Prepare, manage and deliver the Marketing and Communications budget alongside agreement of division CEOs and Exec board
Management for direct reports
- Manage and supervise the global marketing team, in line with relevant employment law and policies, to enable them to perform their duties effectively
- Set objectives and manage performance, including appraisals
- Delegate responsibility for tasks, where appropriate, and oversee progress
- Identify and support development needs to enable staff to fulfil their potential
- Recruit and select team members to meet organisational needs consistent and in line with legislation, policies and procedures
Head of Marketing and Communications Requirements
- Previous experience as Head of Marketing or Senior Marketing Manager
- Significant experience of managing a team delivering marketing plans and activity and achieving measurable impact
- Experience of overseeing complex marketing strategies, across a range of channels and products or services
- Track record of creating, delivering and evaluating integrated marketing plans, involving multiple internal and external stakeholders, and working in a matrix structure to deliver planned outcomes
- Experience of working across an organisation to guide and support the achievement of coherent external messaging and a strong brand identity
- Solid experience in coaching, developing and motivating staff
- Experience of managing budgets
- Previous experience of running and hosting corporate events
- Excellent strategic thinking skills
- Plan, manage and deliver complex projects
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Analytical mindset
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize commitments
EV Cargo is not a traditional company. The idea of doing something “because it’s how we have always done it” does not apply here. We are not looking for someone who wants to coast, someone who does not get involved. We don’t need someone who doesn’t share the drive, passion and motivation to grow the business and the marketing function.
The EV Cargo family comprises of a number of leading companies in the supply chain and logistics industry. From temperature-controlled transport and warehousing to retail and global pallet distribution, EV Cargo’s brands deliver quickly, reliably and economically across the globe. Each company is underpinned by advanced technology systems that strive to reduce carbon emissions and unnecessary cost for the customer.
To apply for this vacancy, please contact the Human Resources team.