Job Title: Marketing Executive
Division: EV Cargo UK
Location: Burton on Trent (flexible working from home available)
Closing Date: Candidate dependant
This is an exciting time to be joining the Global Marketing Team at EV Cargo, the business is growing, the opportunities are global, and every day is different. As a team we work quickly and enjoy the buzz of a fast-paced working environment.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Marketing Executive, you will provide key support to the Head of Marketing and Communications, wider Global Marketing Team and all EV Cargo companies. With an emphasis on content creation, proofreading, social media, and mailing campaigns, along with associated marketing activities.
We’re looking for a hands-on, proactive, and energetic well-rounded Marketing Executive, you’ll be a self-organised and motivated marketeer, comfortable working from home and on-site when required, and experienced with the use of digital communications to grow an audience and brand awareness, along with organising and supporting associated events.
Some key duties of this job are listed below, however this is not an exhaustive list;
- Supporting the EV Cargo marketing team with administrative tasks as required
- To manage the successful execution of mailing campaigns to agreed schedules and criteria
- To execute agreed email campaigns and create appropriate landing pages where necessary
- To assist the Digital Marketing Executive in managing website content and social media activities through various online channels
- Assisting the Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing and Communications in creating briefs (e.g. DM, web, photography etc.) to meet agreed objectives
- Proof reading + copywriting
- Selecting photos from the image library for flyers, emails, direct mail and brochure
- Assisting with the organisation and running of photo shoots
- To help monitor and assess our website and campaign activity through Google Analytics, Adwords data and other methods alongside the Digital Marketing Executive
- To undertake analysis of sales, marketing, competitor and customer information across all EV Cargo companies and products as required
- To understand the working of our database systems and be able to profile and pull data for mailings from our database
- Develop an understanding of relevant products, markets and customer behaviours
- Keep up-to-date with the latest marketing ideas and best practice and considering how EV Cargo can utilise these
- Understand and learn from the competitive set and environment
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the marketing team and other relevant departments – particularly sales and member relations
- Contributing to the development of new marketing ideas and initiatives
- Building relationships with external suppliers
- Supporting the centralised marketing team in preparing for presentations, meetings or other events and planned activities
- Using data intelligence to identify sales opportunities to support growth
- Producing internal and external reports where necessary
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Head of Marketing and Communications
- Adhere to company policies and agreed best practices and processes
- It is important that the job holder presents themselves in a polite and professional manner when dealing with both EV Cargo divisions and other members of staff. Communication skills and professionalism are an essential requirement of this role
- Relevant current experience in a similar marketing role or evidence of self-development/desire to acquire marketing skills/knowledge
- Confident in dealing with a wide range of people internally and externally
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and personal organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure towards strict deadlines and targets
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with customers/supplier
- Organised planner with ability to self-manage and adapt to deadlines
- Excellent level of written English, spelling and grammar
- Good academic background with aspirations of (or currently working towards) a recognised marketing qualification
- Confident and mature attitude
- Creative and innovative
- Can do attitude with a determination to succeed
- Personable and outgoing
- Marketing qualification
- Experience of problem solving
- Experience of dealing with customers/suppliers
- Experience of working with digital channels (websites, email, other)
- Knowledge of applications such as Acrobat Pro, CMS, email software etc.
- Full UK Driving Licence
EV Cargo is not a traditional company. The idea of doing something “because it’s how we have always done it” does not apply here. We are not looking for someone who wants to coast, someone who does not get involved. We don’t need someone who doesn’t share the drive, passion and motivation to grow the business and the marketing function.
The EV Cargo family comprises of a number of leading companies in the supply chain and logistics industry. From temperature-controlled transport and warehousing to retail and global pallet distribution, EV Cargo’s brands deliver quickly, reliably and economically across the globe. Each company is underpinned by advanced technology systems that strive to reduce carbon emissions and unnecessary cost for the customer.
To apply for this vacancy, please contact the Human Resources team.