Job Title: Product Manager
Division: EV Cargo Technology
Location: Gerrards Cross
Salary: Up to £60,000 per year
Closing Date: Candidate dependant
What is the opportunity?
This Product Manager job is working within the Product Management team at EV Cargo Technology. This is a role which can be based in the offices at Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire. This is a full-time, permanent job.
Within this growing team, you will report to the Head of Product & Innovation and will be responsible for the definition and content of the software products, supporting the business in driving growth by applying subject matter expertise and a flair for envisaging innovative software products and enabling customers to achieve their strategic goals. This is a key role for the business and we need someone who has the ability to represent the company as an SME both from a Supply Chain & Logistics perspective, and a best of breed packaged software perspective, an ability to contribute to overall product vision, ensuring any decisions made are aligned and an ability to work on multiple work items in parallel, prioritising according to deadline, importance, etc.
Some key duties of this job are listed below, however this is not an exhaustive list;
- Responsible for guiding the design and build strategic items within respective workstream in conjunction with the Tech Lead, potentially working across multiple workstreams.
- Contributes to prioritisation, ensuring that the streams’ prioritisation considering all appropriate opinions and are balanced against all requirements.
- Own and manage mid-complexity assignments, else partially responsible for larger assignments.
- Contributes to task related activities where required such as clarification of requirements or testing.
- Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems in a timely manner.
- Able to investigate and resolve unclear, or undefined problems.
- Define the functional and non-functional requirements within design documentation in their respective workstream.
- Manage the design documentation workflow to completion, handling the relationship between the technical lead and the business.
- Responsible for bug fixes prioritisation.
- Leading pre-sales engagements, providing demos of products within respective workstream and engagement on potential requirements for prospective customers.
- Collaborating with Product Marketing to ensure messaging and content is correct and crisp.
- Ownership for the product enhancement process within respective workstream.
- Leading requirements gathering workshops, documenting the requirements to EV Cargo Technology standards.
- Representing EV Cargo Technology to the market at conferences, webinars and other opportunities.
- Review and approval of Pre-Product Exceptions ensuring the appropriate clarifications are made and escalated as necessary.
- To undertake any training that may be required by the company.
- Carrying out duties and other work as required by your line manager or other senior management. Working within the limits of authority as laid down by the Company and delegated by local management, in particular the authority to recruit staff, discipline staff and purchase goods and services.
What you will need to succeed?
We are looking for someone wants to join our business at a key moment in our journey and grow with us and share in our success story.
We will offer you a supportive environment where you will be exposed to new experiences and opportunities, however previous experience in a similar position will ultimately lead to your success. It is essential that you have effective stakeholder management experience, are able to instil confidence in customers, partners and other teams, can communicate detailed industry requirements to a technical audience to ensure effective delivery of software and contribute to technical decisions such that they deliver the necessary functional capability.
Due to the nature of the role we are unable to consider applications from anyone who does not have a background within a commercial environment.As a company we place a strong emphasis on the interactions that take place globally across the business and, as a
Product Manager this is especially important as you will be communicating with key stakeholders within the business and externally. Therefore it is essential that you conduct yourself in a professional manner and can ensure that you always ensure that EV Cargo and EV Cargo Technology are represented in the best possible way. You will have keen eye for detail and be a quick learner.
What will you get in return?
Working as a Product Manager at EV Cargo Technology, you will earn up to £60,000. We are also able to offer you pension, on-site parking, flexible working, training opportunities, CPD and Wellbeing Programs. You will join a business that values the people who work for us, without you, we would not be where we are, and as such we are committed to helping you develop as a Product Manager. This Product Manager is a key position, and we would love you to work for us.
EV Cargo is one of the UK’s largest providers of transport, logistics, freight forwarding and logistics technology services – created by the consolidation of EV Cargo Logistics, EV Cargo Technology, EV Cargo Solutions, EV Cargo Global Forwarding and Palletforce into a corporate structure under a new single brand.
EV Cargo ensures international delivery of goods at a better value, providing warehousing and distribution solutions that help businesses grow. Global brands benefit from a distribution chain with a global reach and access to EV Cargo’s portfolio of multimodal transport links.
The business was created by specialist investor EmergeVest by consolidating ownership of six of the UK’s leading logistics companies. With £850 million of revenue, EV Cargo is the largest privately-owned logistics business in the UK, providing mission-critical supply chain services to a portfolio of great customers and leading brands.
We are constantly looking to grow and develop and therefore are recruiting for a Product Manager to join the Product Management team at EV Cargo Technology.