Location: Gerrards Cross, London
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Closing Date: 23rd March 2021
At EV Cargo Global Forwarding, we know that our people are the cornerstone of our continued success. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join us at our Head Office site in Gerrards Cross.
About the role
The Senior Application Analyst (Cargowise) is a new role within the Digital Transformation Team and is pivotal to the ongoing transformation of the internal and external technical service offering. The primary objective of the role is to review, design and implement business processes and technical developments across numerous platforms and functions, working closely with business stakeholders and near shore software developers.
The role would suit someone who has previous operational or finance experience using Cargowise and looking to move to a supply chains systems, support and process role within the freight forwarding/supply chain industry.
What will I be doing?
- Project leadership and stakeholder management
- Identify questionable and inefficient operational processes and using information technology to introduce your recommendations
- Manage multiple projects whilst working to tight deadlines
- Define, introduce and apply best practice governance in all areas surrounding project deployment and solution implementation
- Conduct cost / benefit analysis to support business case development
- Use requirements to drive the design or review of process changes and to manage project scope, acceptance and deployment
- Plan, co-ordinate user testing, training, issue capture and resolution
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided
- Act as a mentor to the Junior Business Analysts in the team
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make
- Gain agreement, usually from senior management, of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Support staff and teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
What are the requirements?
- Detailed Operational Knowledge of Cargowise essential, Technical knowledge an advantage
- Ability to question processes and existing practices
- You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- In-depth Operational & Industry knowledge
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams
- Project management experience
- Experience of writing technical and/or project documentation
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Organisation and planning skills, with a proven ability to work on own initiative
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines
- Process-driven & analytically minded
- You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and as a team/project leader
- Strong PC Literacy including Word, Excel, Project & Vision
- Pragmatic/can-do attitude with a flexible approach to working practices
- Full Driving Licence
- Willingness to travel
- Occasionally unsocial hours work
- Willingness to undertake further self-development
Who are we?
We are EV Cargo Global Forwarding, a supply chain and logistics company and one of the UK’s largest freight forwarders. We have been a significant force in the industry for over 50 years.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Company pension Scheme
- Death in Service scheme 3 x salary increasing to 6 x salary if join pension scheme
- Access to EAP scheme
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Range of voluntary benefits
EV Cargo Global Forwarding reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications are received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
To apply for this vacancy, we are only a few easy clicks away so come join us by applying here.
If you have any queries, please contact the Human Resources team.