Job Title: Transport Assistant
Division: EV Cargo Logistics
Closing Date: 23rd July 2021
About the role
EV Cargo Logistics at Rochdale is looking to recruit 2 Transport Assistant’s on a permanent contract, working an average of 42 hours per week on a ‘4 on 4 off’ (rotating days & nights) shift pattern, with the flexibility to fit the needs of the operation where required.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting our core enterprise resource planning system (Cargowise) and, where necessary, new software solutions being developed
- Supporting multiple projects and business units whilst working to tight deadlines
- Use requirements to drive the design or review of process changes and to manage project scope, acceptance and deployment
- Plan, co-ordinate user testing, issue capture and resolution
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders and peers when necessary
- To communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Support staff and teams when deploying recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Undertake any other duties commensurate to the job as may be reasonably required
What are the requirements?
- Brief and debrief the drivers on both departure and return from each journey
- To effectively communicate via telephone with customers and NFT Depots, ensuring incoming calls are answered and dealt with promptly
- To assist the management team in providing a professional service
- To work well within the transport team function to ensure deadlines are met
- Generate driver journey sheets from in-house computer systems and issue to drivers
- Produce Reports, such as missing volume, debrief status and unconfirmed orders
- Collate weekly information for Transport auditing purposes
Who are we?
You’ll get a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, access to a discount scheme, company pension scheme, long service awards and service-related holidays. We welcome applications from everyone as we are actively building diverse teams. Our working environment is an inclusive one and a place where everyone can thrive and develop their potential.
To apply for this vacancy, we are only a few easy clicks away so come join us by applying here.