27th January 2021
EV Cargo Global Forwarding has launched new efforts to guide its customers through the procedures for importers and exporters in the wake of the trade agreement between the UK and the European Union.
The company is determined that its customers get the most accurate and up-to-date information in order to avoid any problems shipping freight to and from the UK. By following the simple advice outlined, customers can be confident that their shipments and deliveries comply with all of the new rules.
A detailed webinar, available for all customers to view online and hosted by Ian Moran, EVCGF’s group customs and trade solutions manager, guides customers through the new trade and customs agreements with came into force on 1 January.
Ian Moran said: “One of the main areas we are focusing on is origin goods, as this is a key area for many of our customers at the moment.
“There are lots and lots of Government guidance to get to grips with, but we run through the options that are available to customers and we will work with them to come up with the best solutions.”
The webinar covers:
- Customs declarations for all goods moving to and from Europe
- Rules of origin
- Duties due on non-origin goods
- The free trade agreements now in place
- The new UK Global Tariff with revised rates of duty
- Northern Ireland and the current state of play with the new customs arrangements required for goods moving from the UK mainland
- The importance of using the correct customs valuation of goods.
- Road Freight market overview – where we are now.
The presentation also includes links to all the relevant Government guidance and covers upcoming changes, which come into force between April and July on areas including goods of animal origin, where more documentation will be needed for importers and exporters.