Due to continued growth we have several opportunities available for HGV1 drivers in our Chatham depot.
Closing Date: January 31st 2024
Job Title: Class 1 Driver
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 31/01/2024
Due to continued growth we have several opportunities available for HGV1 drivers in our Chatham depot. We are recruiting for Monday to Friday day, night and 4on/4off day or night shifts. Our drivers are one of the most important roles within EV Cargo, and as a fully qualified driver, you will have the important role of delivering products to our customers whilst being safe and taking care of yourself on the road.
Varying rates of pay for different shifts:
From £14.94 per hour for day shifts
From £15.73 per hour for night shifts
Weekend overtime paid at £17.60 on Saturdays and £19.42 on Sundays
Plentiful hours and overtime available.
Rewards and Benefits:
We’ll support your development, help you grow and also offer you a package that includes:
- Competitive Annual Leave.
- Reward Gateway – access to significant savings and cashback on 900+ top retailers, from groceries to wellness products, travel and much more!
- Employee Recognition Scheme.
- Excellent Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Health Care Cash Plan.
- Free in-house CPC training provided.
- Ongoing training and development
We promote a culture which encourages innovative ideas, and we appreciate your talent is key to our success!
- Delivering and collecting full and part loads throughout the country, blend of local and further afield.
- Accountable understanding and adhering to scheduled delivery routes.
- Ensuring the correct load & paperwork is on board and responsible for filling in the check sheets and reporting any defects.
- Responsible for load security, safety ensuring the tractor & trailer unit are road legal.
- Responsible for identifying and logging defects into the defect books.
- Responsible for informing the depot of any delays on route.
- Responsible for adhering to all Tachograph and working time legislation.
- Responsible for the safe unloading of goods at delivery point.
- To act as an ambassador for the company by driving and behaving responsibly at all times.
- Undertake Microlise training.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Qualifications. HGV C+E Licence with an up to date CPC qualification. Tacho Card. (Max6 points on licence, No unspent drink or drug driving offenses).
Experience. You understand Tachograph laws and regulations. You have good geographic knowledge of UK roads. You have experience driving articulated vehicles. NEW PASSES – we welcome new passes through our driver mentorship program, please apply for more details.
Communication. You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written.
Influence & Persuasion. Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers. You have an ability to work without direct supervision. You have an ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
People & Self Development. If you are looking for a future career and progression within a growing company this really is a fantastic opportunity to join the team who consistently strive to provide an excellent service and build a strong, positive reputation within the business. You will have the ability to self-motivate, self-manage and work both autonomously and as part of a team.
If you’re excited about working for our company and believe you’re a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
“Let us be your employer of choice”.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business. By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
“Let us be your employer of choice”