The Customs Team is responsible for managing the Company’s customs solutions and systems and in addition, supports the UK business across all offices and modes of transport and clients in matters to do with international trade and documentation.
Closing Date: March 8th 2024
Job Title: Customs Support Coordinator
Location: Site based – Southampton
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Closing Date: 07/03/2024
The role’s key responsibilities are:
The Customs Team is responsible for managing the Company’s customs solutions and systems and in addition, supports the UK business across all offices and modes of transport and clients in matters to do with international trade and documentation. We are looking to recruit a person to join the Team which provides an exciting opportunity for someone to broaden their career. The following specification will give you a good understanding of what the role entails and it is accepted that some aspects may require training to attain the standard required.
- Provide customs clearance assistance to colleagues
- Provide customs solutions assistance to clients
- Run and maintain reports
- Keeping up to date with UK and EU customs legislation
- Maintaining and helping to prepare internal and external guides and procedures
- Keeping up to date with legislation covering embargoes and export controls and providing support to the business on such matters
- Undertake rudimentary audits of customs declarations, reviewing spreadsheet data, assisting Customs Team members with follow ups
- System management supporting wider team, emphasis on E2Open as we need to improve our cover for the Ricardo system
- Managing HMRC queries
- AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) document management
- Assisting in the compliance & maintenance of the company’s HMRC authorisation
What we need from you:
- MS Word
- MS Excel (intermediate level)
- MS PowerPoint
- Good communications skills
- Professional and competent in front of a client
- Prepared to work in a multimodal environment
- Knowledge of customs procedures – imports (including special procedures), exports & NCTS (Transit)
- Good understanding of the UK Customs Tariff
In return we will:
Support your development journey, help you grow you and offer:
- Salary – Competitive – depending on experience.
- Competitive Annual Leave.
- Reward Gateway – access to significant savings and cashback on 900+ top retailers, from groceries to wellness products, travel and much more!
- Access to the Wellbeing Centre – providing education, support, and tools to help you live a healthier and happier life.
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Excellent Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
EV CARGO have grown to become a predominate international supply chain partner to many of the world’s leading brands. We enable customer success through market leading air, ocean, surface freight, logistics, supply chain and technology solutions. Our growth is accelerating around the world.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business. By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.
You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.