Are you an experienced and motivated individual with a passion for logistics and freight forwarding? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: February 23rd 2024
Job Title: Transport – Operations Manager (Nights)
Location: Site Based – Ashby-de-la-zouch
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Closing Date: 23/02/2024
We’re looking for a highly competent transport operator to join and manage the night team at our flagship Ashby-de-la-Zouch operation. As part of the night operations team, you will help to monitor fleet operations and movements and be able to react when issues arise that threaten the integrity of the plan. The ability to make decisions under pressure and unsure the optimum use of resource whilst maintaining the service standards that our customers demand is essential.
- Supervising the night operations team in their transport and customer service functions, including but not limited to:
- To ensure that the delivery plan handed over by the central planning control tower is implemented in full.
- Formulating and managing the implementation of amendments to the delivery plan in reaction to any on-night issues that may arise.
- Amendments to the plan should be made in the most effective way to ensure a positive delivery outcome and the best utilisation of resource verses costs.
- Ensuring the team despatch drivers and loads with clear instructions, and that all relevant information (trailer numbers, paperwork etc) are provided and are logged into the TMS to ensure success.
- Ensure that a full debrief of drivers is conducted and that the team highlight any operationally relevant events, compiling this information in readiness for the creation of handovers to the day shift operations teams.
- Liaise with company workshops and third-party service providers to ensure vehicle and trailer maintenance standards are met and the necessary equipment is available to meet the transport plan.
- Overseeing the allocation of work to partner hauliers through our sub-contract division ensuring (where necessary) that on-day coverage of loads is maintained.
- Have practical working knowledge of EU drivers’ legislation and ensure that operational decisions are made in line with its framework.
- Working unsupervised but continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of TMS systems (Mandata preferable).
- Managing queries and following the appropriate escalation process.
- Ensure a timely flow of information regarding delivery issues (potential and real) to our customer service teams.
- Assorted general administrative tasks.
- All other reasonable requests.
- Level 2 in English & Maths
Rewards and Benefits:
We’ll support your development, help you grow and also offer you a package that includes:
- Salary – A competitive salary depending on experience
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Reward Gateway – access to significant savings and cashback on 900+ top retailers, from groceries to wellness products, travel and much more
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
We promote a culture which encourages innovative ideas, and we appreciate your talent is key to our success!
If you’re excited about working for our company and believe you’re a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
“Let us be your employer of choice”
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Equality, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of everything EV Cargo does. We offer a diverse and inclusive community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in order to contribute positively and sustainably to the business. By creating this environment in which everyone can express and develop their potential, from the moment they are hired and throughout their career, means ensuring that all our colleagues have the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or affiliation with a political, religious, union, organisation or minority group.
EV Cargo reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date if a high volume of applications is received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are not able to provide detailed feedback to applicants that were not shortlisted.